breathed in & out…
this is harder than i envisioned. i wanted a space to freely share my thoughts on architecture based on my experiences and update you on what is happening after i graduated.
i have been attending training for my first paid job *mini celebration at a small architecture and film business called Architel TV.
today is a saturday, my first f-r-e-eeeee weekend and a day i am mentally free from society’s committments.
IN THIS POST, i wanted to let you know that i have borrowed books on ‘blogging’ & how-to’s in learning about WordPress. I guess or ideally, I would like to use the time I have off to breatheee AND build up skills in ‘writing’ or ‘blogging.’
The Quick Expert’s Guide to Writing a Blog – for teens (doesn’t mean I can’t use it)
- definition: a blog is any website to be updated regularly (i failed already).
- ask yourself why start a blog?
- ‘log’/record… a personal online scrapbook
- connect with other ppl with similar interests
- creative outlet- space you can build, personalise, own, vent stress/relax- i call it a hobbie!
What’s your blogging style?
-mastermind – specialist subject/s
-diarist – sharing DETAILS of life – online journal, likes/dislikes
-mystery blogger – online personality, an invented name (ooo interestingg)
-columnist – strong feelings about politics/social issues…
-service/help hub – INTERACTIVE – ask readers for advice & invite them send qns/problems to answer in future posts
i think i situate with the first two options + the last two…
How to earn o-ka-ne? (japanese word for ‘money)
-Amazon Associates (get a small percentage/commission of sale after a buyer clicks on certain link)
-Ask on blog directly – donate buttons/tip jars (hmm…something to consider…)
What’s the difference – blog, website….
- website: collection of pgs with links + info
- blog: website that has UPDATES in reverse chronological order eg.wordpress!
- micro-blog: blog with SMALLER lengths of info eg. twitter/tumblr
- social network: INTERCONNECTED ppl who follow each other’s updates
Copyright issues, SEO & stuff
- Free pics – Morguefile, Creative Commons
- Or DIY – take own photos & record audio
- SEO – text over pics, meta tags, think of synonyms/phrases for words, RSS feed
ideas for posts:
- lists – top 5/10
- revisit past archives/repost & re-introduce/reflect
- to the future – what will world be in… hopes & dreams
- reaction post – link to other blogs – agree/disagree
- travelogue – pics and vids
- add quotes – or of your own… hmm
- your fav blogs – links & whyyyy?
- social blogging:
- comment on other blogs
- exchange guest posts with another blogger/interview each other
- group blogging? invite a regular guest – huffintonpost?
- use social network to SHARE LINKS eg. fb – create a pg linked to account & ppl can see in their timeline. twitter – widget – not only blogposts but THOUGHTS on sidebar
- sharing tools – google +, digg, delicious
is there anything you would like to add?
and that is my notes from the book i just finished reading – an hour spent!
hmm, do any of you set a schedule for blogging? should i try this?
- i am thinking of creating a series to help you learn about blogging & using wordpress while i learn too.
- refer to: stumbleupon
-i have read posts where architecture blogs participate to write on a topic – architects are from across the world to connect together – i forgot the tag name… but this is good for us to contribute!! eg. questions, ‘ ‘ wednesday, use widgets… go on: memes/blog hops, simply linked/mister linky & blog awards